The month of April is dedicated to The Holy Spirit. Depending on the year (see list of feasts below), either part or all of April falls during the Easter season. Once Lent ends, for which the liturgical color is purple (a symbol of penance, mortification and the sorrow of a contrite heart), the season of Easter ushers in the liturgical color of white — the color of light, a symbol of joy, purity and innocence (absolute or restored).
The Holy Father’s Intentions for the Month of April
Young People: That young people may respond generously to their vocations and seriously consider offering themselves to God in the priesthood or consecrated life. (See also Apostleship of Prayer)
Feasts for April
The feasts on the General Roman Calendar celebrated during the month of April are:
2. Francis of Paola,Opt. Mem.
4. St. Isidore,Opt. Mem.
5. Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion,Sunday
9. Holy Thursday,Triduum
10. Good Friday of the Lord’s Passion,Triduum
11. Holy Saturday,Triduum
12. Easter Sunday,Solemnity
13. Monday in the Octave of Easter,Solemnity
14. Tuesday in the Octave of Easter,Solemnity
15. Wednesday in the Octave of Easter,Solemnity
16. Thursday in the Octave of Easter,Solemnity
17. Friday in the Octave of Easter,Solemnity
18. Saturday in the Octave of Easter,Solemnity
19. Second Sunday of Easter (or Sunday of Divine Mercy),Solemnity
21. Anselm,Opt. Mem.
23. George; Adalbert,Opt. Mem.
24. St. Fidelis,Opt. Mem.
25. St. Mark,Feast
26. Third Sunday of Easter,Sunday
28. Peter Chanel (NZ, Feast); Louis Mary de Montfort; Gianna Molla, mother (Italy),Opt. Mem.
29. Catherine of Siena,Memorial
30. Pius V; Bl. Marie de l’Incarnacion (Can),Memorial