ARE YOU FATHER-CHALLENGED?
“They did not grasp that He was speaking to them of the Father.” —John 8:27
Here’s a quick quiz from the Gospels of last week’s Masses. Who is Jesus talking about?
- Today: “I only tell the world what I have heard from Him, the Truthful One Who sent me” (Jn 8:26).
- Yesterday: “You know neither Me nor My ______. If you knew Me, you would know My ______ too” (Jn 8:19).
- Friday: “I was sent by One Who has the right to send, and Him you do not know. I know Him, because it is from Him I come: He sent Me” (Jn 7:28-29).
- Thursday: “His voice you have never heard, His form you have never seen, neither do you have His word abiding in your hearts because you do not believe the One He has sent” (Jn 5:37-38).
- Wednesday: “I am not seeking My own will but the will of Him Who sent Me” (Jn 5:30).
I hope you scored a perfect five out of five on this quiz. The answer to all five questions is, of course: God the Father.
Your homework is to pay close attention to the Gospel readings at Mass the next three days. I challenge you to score a perfect three for three in focusing on the Father these three days. If you do, you’ll be imitating Jesus well, for He is always focused on His Father (Jn 5:19). Are you immersed in the presence of the Father? Or will you get all the right answers, but forget about Him when the test is over?
PRAYER: Father, never let me forget You even for a moment.
PROMISE: “When you lift up the Son of Man, you will come to realize that I AM.” –Jn 8:28
PRAISE: Rico cut back his hours at work, and accordingly reduced his income, in order to spend more time with his family.