BEAR THE MOST ABUNDANT FRUIT
“He who lives in Me and I in him, will produce abundantly.” –John 15:5
Listen to the Mass Readings
We must bear fruit:
- the fruit of holiness and evangelization,
- or be “like a withered, rejected branch, picked up to be thrown in the fire and burnt” (Jn 15:6; also 15:2),
- and be trimmed to increase our yield (Jn 15:2),
- by being attached to Jesus, the Vine (Jn 15:4-5),
- abundantly (Jn 15:5),
- and thereby glorify God the Father (Jn 15:8),
- and become Jesus’ disciples (Jn 15:8),
- for Jesus chose us “to go forth and bear fruit” (Jn 15:16),
- which endures (Jn 15:16).
Because of His perfect love for us, Jesus wants all to be saved (1 Tm 2:4). We must bear fruit abundantly, or for many people Jesus’ death and Resurrection will be in vain. Because God is Love (1 Jn 4:16), He must insist that we bear fruit as abundantly as possible. If we live in Jesus and He in us, we will automatically bear fruit. We must bear fruit.
PRAYER: Father, prune me as much as is necessary for me to bear as much fruit as possible.
PROMISE: “The church saw them off and they made their way through Phoenicia and Samaria, telling everyone about the conversion of the Gentiles as they went. Their story caused great joy.” –Acts 15:3
PRAISE: John and Sarah, who grew up with a home-based Community, are starting their own.