“The congregations grew stronger in faith and daily increased in numbers.” –Acts 16:5
The early Church grew in numbers daily. “Day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved” (Acts 2:47). The early Church grew daily because:
- “They went to the temple area together every day, while in their homes they broke bread” (Acts 2:46).
- “Day after day, both in the temple and at home, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news of Jesus the Messiah” (Acts 5:42).
- “Each day they studied the Scriptures” (Acts 17:11).
- They encouraged “one another daily” (Heb 3:13).
- They denied themselves and took up their crosses each day (Lk 9:23).
- They faced “death every day” for love of Jesus and in hope of the resurrection (see 1 Cor 15:31).
The Lord promises to give us daily bread (Mt 6:11) if we will live in Him daily (see Jn 15:5). Receive your daily bread. Receive the Lord.
PRAYER: Father, may every day of the rest of my life be a sacrifice pleasing to You.
PROMISE: “The reason it hates you is that you do not belong to the world. But I chose you out of the world.” –Jn 15:19
PRAISE: Pope St. Pius V lived an exemplary, humble life, both as a simple friar and later as a humble pope.