FILL IN THE GAPS
“When Peter saw this, he addressed the people as follows…” –Acts 3:12
Listen to the Mass Readings
When Peter preached the next time after Pentecost, the Lord led many to believe. “The number of the men came to about five thousand” (Acts 4:4). In this preaching, Peter proclaimed that:
- God healed the lame man to glorify Jesus (Acts 3:13).
- His fellow Israelites and all of us “disowned the Holy and Just One” (Acts 3:14) and “put to death the Author of life” (Acts 3:15).
- “God raised [Jesus] from the dead” (Acts 3:15).
- “We are His witnesses” (Acts 3:15).
- Faith in Jesus’ Name “strengthened the limbs” of the man born lame (Acts 3:16).
- They “acted out of ignorance” in condemning Jesus (Acts 3:17).Jesus’ death is the fulfillment of the prophecy that the Messiah would suffer (Acts 3:18).
- We must therefore reform our lives and turn to God so that our sins may be wiped away! (Acts 3:19)
- Jesus will return to grant us “a season of refreshment” (Acts 3:20) and establish the “time of universal restoration” (Acts 3:21).
- “When God raised up His servant, He sent Him to you first to bless you by turning you from your evil ways” (Acts 3:26).
What parts of Peter’s preaching are not being mentioned today? Fill in the gaps. Accept the Lord’s grace to “believe in the gaps.” Be converted on God’s terms. Meet the risen Christ.
PRAYER: Father, may I not let my culture screen out any elements of the gospel.
PROMISE: Jesus “opened their minds to the understanding of the Scriptures.” —Lk 24:45
PRAISE: Alleluia! Praise the risen Jesus, Whose love is more powerful than death!