HOW TO GO TO HEAVEN
“I heard a sound from heaven.” –Revelation 14:2
To be with the Lord forever in heaven, we must:
- decide to have the Lord’s name written on our foreheads (Rv 14:1), that is, be baptized in His name and live our Baptisms fully and publicly,
- sing a new hymn before God’s throne (Rv 14:3) as we worship Him “in Spirit and truth” (Jn 4:24),
- let the Lord ransom us from the world (Rv 14:3) and “have no love for the world, nor the things that the world affords” (1 Jn 2:15),
- be “pure and follow the Lamb wherever He goes” (Rv 14:4), and
- let the Holy Spirit purify our lives, hearts, and lips to make us holy (see Rv 14:5; Heb 12:14).
Specifically, to be with the Lord forever in heaven, we must give the Lord not only our surplus (see Lk 21:4), part of our lives, or most of our lives. Rather, we must give Him all our hearts, all our souls, all our strength, and all our minds (Lk 10:27).
Naturally, we refuse to give our “all” to the Lord (see Mk 10:22). Supernaturally, when the Holy Spirit graces us to believe that Jesus loves us so much that He died on the cross for us, then we respond in love and give ourselves totally to Him. We receive the new nature in which we live with the Lord forever (2 Cor 5:17). In love, give “all” to Jesus and live always with Jesus forever in heaven.
PRAYER: Father, may I go to be with You in heaven as soon as You will it.
PROMISE: “Who can ascend the mountain of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? He whose hands are sinless, whose heart is clean, who desires not what is vain.” –Ps 24:3-4
PRAISE: Together Patrick and his wife Joan have prayed many years as a team to heal many people and set them free in Christ.