LIFE TO THE FULL
“We admonish all men and teach them in the full measure of wisdom, hoping to make every man complete in Christ.” –Colossians 1:28
Jesus came that we “might have life and have it to the full” (Jn 10:10). Today’s first reading reveals the fullness Jesus wants us to have:
- full sufferings. We “fill up what is lacking in the sufferings of Christ” in our own flesh (Col 1:24) for the good of others,
- the fullness of God’s Word (Col 1:25),
- full glory – beyond price (Col 1:27),
- full revelation (Col 1:26) of what was once a mystery but is now revealed to the holy ones,
- the “full measure of wisdom,” with the grace for all of us to become complete in Christ (Col 1:28),
- the full energy of Christ, “which is so powerful a force within” us (Col 1:29), and
- “full assurance” through our “knowledge of the mystery of God – namely Christ – in Whom every treasure of wisdom and knowledge is hidden” (Col 2:2-3).
“It pleased God to make absolute fullness reside in” Jesus (Col 1:19), and it pleases Jesus to fill you with the Holy Spirit (see Acts 2:4).
PRAYER: Prayer: Father, make me a larger vessel (Acts 20:32) so I can be more full of everything You want to give me.
PROMISE: Promise: “Only in God is my soul at rest; from Him comes my salvation.” –Ps 62:2
PRAISE: Praise: Patricia, a well-known actress on a popular TV show, is not afraid to go against what is popular and speaks openly for life.