The month of March is dedicated to St. Joseph. The entire month falls during the liturgical season of Lent which is represented by the liturgical color purple — a symbol of penance, mortification and the sorrow of a contrite heart.
The Holy Father’s Intentions for the Month of March
Support for Persecuted Christians: That persecuted Christians may be supported by the prayers and material help of the whole Church. (See also Apostleship of Prayer)
Feasts for March
The feasts on the General Roman Calendar celebrated during the month of March are:
3. Katharine Drexel (USA), Opt. Mem.
4. Casimir of Poland, Opt. Mem.
5. First Sunday of Lent, Sunday
7. Perpetua and Felicity, Memorial
8. John of God, Opt. Mem.
9. Frances of Rome, Opt. Mem.
12. Second Sunday of Lent, Sunday
17. Patrick, Opt. Mem.
18. Cyril of Jerusalem, Opt. Mem.
19. Third Sunday of Lent, Sunday
20. Joseph, husband of Mary, Solemnity
23. Turibio de Mogrovejo, Opt. Mem.
25. Annunciation of the Lord, Sunday
26. Fourth Sunday of Lent, Sunday