OUR PATRONAL FEAST
“A man of noble birth went to a faraway country to become its king, and then return. He summoned ten of his servants and gave them sums of ten units each.” –Luke 19:12-13
Jesus has revealed to us the following principles of stewardship:
- Stewardship is about meeting God’s standards and not about comparing ourselves to others. “More will be asked of a man to whom more has been entrusted” (Lk 12:48).
- Faithful stewards will be given greater responsibilities (Lk 19:17, 19).
- Faithful stewards will receive the resources originally given to unfaithful stewards (Lk 19:24).
- Thus, unfaithful stewards lose what they had (Lk 19:26). The old saying is true: “If you don’t use it, you lose it.”
- Bad stewardship is often a matter of rebellion (see Lk 19:14, 27).
- Bad stewardship will be punished (Lk 19:27).
Today is the patronal feast day of Our Lady of Presentation Ministries, who publishes One Bread, One Body. We have tried to be faithful stewards of our gifts, our time, and your money. Please pray that we will remain faithful. Thanks to all those who have worked hard for many years without pay in order to proclaim God’s Word and invite all of us to live the Eucharist. We thank God for you and thank Him for the privilege of being His stewards.
PRAYER: Father, may all members of Presentation Ministries be sanctified.
PROMISE: “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Alleluia.” –Ps 150:6
PRAISE: Praise You, Jesus, for giving us Mary as our mother and model discipler. We glorify You in prayer and worship.