“I will announce what has lain hidden since the creation of the world.” –Matthew 13:35
In Jesus’ parables, we learn things that were hidden for many thousands of years before Christ (Mt 13:35). In the Scriptures, the Lord tells us “things great beyond reach of [our] knowledge” (Jer 33:3). The Holy Spirit works through the Scriptures to reveal “even the deep things of God” (1 Cor 2:10). ” ‘Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it so much as dawned on man what God has prepared for those who love Him.’ Yet God has revealed this wisdom to us through the Spirit” (1 Cor 2:9-10). In the Scriptures, we receive “a mysterious, a hidden wisdom” (1 Cor 2:7).
Because of the uniquely powerful light we receive from the Scriptures, we should:
- accept the privilege of reading the Scriptures daily,
- take the responsibility of sharing the Scriptures daily,
- use the Bible daily as our prayer book,
- devote ourselves to the Word of God more than to TV, other forms of media, and other areas of education, and
- abide in God’s Word (Jn 8:31).
PRAYER: Father, may I always live in the light of Your Word (Ps 119:105).
PROMISE: “I made the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah cling to Me, says the Lord; to be My people, My renown, My praise, My beauty.” –Jer 13:11
PRAISE: St. Peter Chrysologus spoke so convincingly about Jesus that many listened and believed.