THE MIRACLE OF A HUNDREDFOLD
“But some fell on good soil, grew up, and yielded grain a hundredfold.” –Luke 8:8
The Lord promises we can receive His Word to bear fruit a hundredfold. This is like saying $1,000 will turn into $100,000 which is an astronomical increase. Most Christians believe God’s Word will help, bless, teach, and even heal them, but few expect the hundredfold harvest.
If we took seriously the Lord’s promise of a hundredfold, we would do our very best to:
- tremble in prayer as we open the Bible,
- kiss the Bible before opening it,
- never miss our daily Bible reading,
- go to Mass more often than Sunday,
- daily read the Bible with our children and spouse, and
- encourage our children to seriously consider a lifetime ministry of preaching or teaching God’s Word.
When we expect the hundredfold harvest of God’s Word, our entire lives are transformed. We receive His Word not as the word of man but of God (1 Thes 2:13), “humbly welcome” it (Jas 1:21), and “act on this word” (Jas 1:22).
PRAYER: Lord, may Your Word burn in my heart (Lk 24:32).
PROMISE: “Just as we resemble the man from earth, so shall we bear the likeness of the Man from heaven.” —1 Cor 15:49
PRAISE: By facilitating Life in the Spirit Seminars, Barbara has helped hundreds to new spiritual life.