WORKING ON CHRISTMAS
“The harvest is good but laborers are scarce.” –Matthew 9:37
Several billion people don’t know the Christ of Christmas. They don’t know He loves them so much that He died on the cross for them. They don’t know that He intends to raise them from the dead. There are so many people who have not heard the good news of Jesus, because so few are working to tell people about Jesus.
- “Beg the harvest Master to send out laborers to gather His harvest” (Mt 9:38).
- Answer your own prayer by working in the harvest.
- Believe that Jesus has given you the “authority to expel unclean spirits and to cure sickness and disease of every kind” (Mt 10:1).
- Use your authority in Jesus. “Cure the sick, raise the dead, heal the leprous, expel demons” (Mt 10:8).
- Work to show that God’s kingdom is at hand by giving as a gift what has been given you (Mt 10:8).
As we prepare for Christmas, we have so many things to do. However, our main job is to tell others about Jesus, for no one can have Christmas without knowing Christ. Pray for workers. Be a worker. Be a miracle-worker. Work to prepare yourself and the world for Christmas.
|PRAYER:||Father, give me the evangelistic zeal of a missionary.|
|PROMISE:||“He will be gracious to you when you cry out, as soon as He hears He will answer you.” –Is 30:19|
|PRAISE:||St. Nicholas gave gifts that freed others from sin and brought them closer to Christ.|